Corporate - Human Resources Coordinator - 10-Month Contract (Vancouver)
B2Gold is a low-cost international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2007, today, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous development and exploration projects in various countries including Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Colombia, Finland and Uzbekistan. This year, B2Gold forecasts gold production to be 990,000 – 1,050,000 ounces.
Human Resources Coordinator - 10-Month Contract.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, Global Operations, this position will be responsible of the expatriates’ employee life cycles within the Company’s global operations team. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter that is efficient and highly effective working independently and within a team environment.
This position will be based at B2Gold Corporate Office in Vancouver, Canada with a flexible work arrangement option available.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support expatriate recruiting with preparing job postings, screening candidates, arranging and participating in interviews;
- Coordinate new hire process, including obtaining approvals, drafting contracts, and communicating with employees prior to their first day of employment;
- Liaise with site and corporate management regarding expatriate assignments;
- Prepare and administer new hire, amendment and termination documentation;
- Contribute to employee wellness and engagement initiatives;
- Update and maintain all HR documents and files;
- Prepare reports and employment-related correspondence and communications;
- Maintain employee enrolment in benefit programs and provide related support for employees;
- Maintain information in the B2Gold HRIS;
- Respond to enquiries from management, employees and the general public regarding personnel matters;
- Maintain highest level of confidentiality;
- Work seamlessly and collaboratively with HR and payroll teams;
- Provide back-up to HR team members, as required; and
- Perform other duties as required in support of Company objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Commerce or similar from a reputable Canadian post-secondary program;
- Minimum of two years of related human resources experience;
- Advanced level working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate professionally with both internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong attention to detail and customer service skills;
- Good understanding of Canadian/BC employment regulatory framework;
- Motivated to learn with a passion for delivering high quality service;
- Work independently and be able to prioritize and adhere to strict deadlines; and
- The ability to understand/maintain confidentiality, strong work ethic, with a team-player mindset are imperative attributes.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Prior experience in mining industry and French language ability considered assets.
Job Demands/Physical Requirements:
- B2Gold requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and maintain fully vaccinated status), subject to applicable human-rights related exemptions.
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their dependents.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.