Expatriate - Construction Project Superintendent
B2Gold is an international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. The Company currently has three operating gold mines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, Namibia, the Philippines, Colombia, Uzbekistan, and Finland.
Construction Project Superintendent
The Construction Project Superintendent provides construction supervision and management of regional projects at and around B2Gold's Fekola Mine.
Location and Reporting Structure
Reporting to the Regional Project Manager, Anaconda and Tailings Storage Facilities, this position will be an 9/4 fly in-fly out rotation, based at the B2Gold Mali Fekola mine.
- Construction supervision and management of the regional projects at and around the Fekola Mine. These include but are not limited to construction of the final TSF1 lift, the new TSF2, regional haul roads, regional community roads, and regional infrastructure projects;
- Manage the team of superintendents and engineers reporting to Project Superintendent 2 and strive to complete project on schedule and under budget;
- Ensure construction meets design criteria, technical specification, and quality standards;
- Work and communicate with Engineer-of Record representative to ensure project meets design criteria;
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases;
- Maintain updated schedule file, communicate concerns to Regional Project Manager, meet construction schedule deadlines;
- Optimize equipment and laborer activity through effective planning and maintenance;
- Maintain updated budget file, participate in monthly budget review, highlight areas of concern, review material and project pricing compared to original budget estimate;
- Follow B2Gold procurement procedures for material and equipment purchases;
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track inconsistencies;
- Ensure design modifications are properly documented, drafted, reviewed and submitted to Engineer-of-Record;
- Create daily reports and distribute with photographic content;
- Understand and apply health, and safety requirements for all site personnel;
- Mentor and train survey employees to develop skills;
- Follow B2Gold contractor selection procedures, management of any site contractors, ensure contractors follow company HSE standards, ensure quality control, perform weekly meeting, and ensure contract contents are strictly adhered to;
- Management of geotechnical laboratory and consultant to ensure testing schedule and procedure is in compliance with specifications;
- Jointly responsible for project staffing (hiring/terminating) in order to meet project schedule, effectively communicate to Regional Project Manager;
- Responsible for maintaining the project staffing schedule, to ensure rotational obligations are meet for each employee;
- Management of superintendents, senior supervisors and engineers, organizing and planning day to day site works. Maintain discipline and high standards of work;
- Follow applicable procedures for handling personnel issues in line with Malian labor law and company Human Resources guidelines;
- Responsible for managing/implementing a training and development program for equipment operators that is in accordance with Fekola policies;
- Promote and ensure use of PPE;
- Participate in monthly budget review, highlight areas of concern, review material and project pricing compared to original budget estimate;
- Prepare and give presentations as required to Fekola/B2Gold Management;
- May include working night shift; and
- Other duties as set by the company.
Competencies and Requirements
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in mining construction projects, preferably with a value of at least $30M USD;
- At least 5 years’ experience managing people and contractors;
- Previous expatriate experience is an asset;
- Written and oral fluency in French a strong asset.
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their eligible dependents.
B2Gold requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and maintain fully vaccinated status), subject to applicable human-rights related exemptions and availability in candidate's home country.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.