Expatriate - Environmental Superintendent, Regional Projects
B2Gold is an international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. The Company currently has three operating gold mines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, Namibia, the Philippines, Colombia, Uzbekistan, and Finland.
Environmental Superintendent, Regional Projects
The Environmental Superintendent provides support to the Regional Environmental Manager to effectively enforce B2Gold's environmental policies, procedures, and standards throughout its exploration, construction, operation, and closure phases of all regional B2Gold projects based in Mali. The position will ensure continuous conformance with the Malian environmental regulations and the international standards.
Location and Reporting Structure
Reporting to the Regional Environmental Manager, this position will be an 9/4 fly in-fly out rotation, based at the B2Gold Mali Fekola mine.
- Support the Environmental Manager to effectively enforce B2Gold's biodiversity and environmental policies, procedures, and standards. Ensure continuous conformance to the Mining Code, other applicable environmental regulations, and international standards while keeping abreast for new and emerging environmental directives.
- Support the Environmental Manager to ensure all ESIA and associated permits commitments/requirements are complied, prior to and during the construction/development, and operation of any facilities or structures. Also, to ensure proper implementation of all conditions and requirements of granted Mining Permit, Notices, and associated management and monitoring plans as well as the timely submission of all required regulatory reports.
- Ensure all environmental requirements and documents required by the regulators are prepared and submitted within reasonable time prior to the construction, development, and operation of any facilities and structures.
- Along with the Environmental Manager, take lead in the generation, review, and delivery of all environmental stakeholder engagement programs.
- Ensure all pollution controls and mitigating measures are in place and efficiently working during construction, development, and operation phases.
- Ensure all environmental monitoring programs on water quality, air quality, and noise are developed, implemented, reviewed, and updated to meet the operations/projects requirements.
- Ensure all equipment, instruments, and software necessary for the sound implementation of the environmental monitoring programs are provided and kept in good conditions.
- Ensure proper management of all generated environmental data and ensure that its analysis, evaluation, and QA/QC checks are performed periodically by the Monitoring Team. Also, monitor the implementation of action requirements generated after the review of the environmental data.
- Supervise the preparation and implementation of reforestation & rehabilitation programs. Ensure timely validation and inventory of reforestation/rehabilitation accomplishments as well as the implementation of recommended actions based on the validation or inspection findings.
- Lead the Environmental Department in providing support to operations and projects by performing environmental assessments and identifying risks in order to establish mitigating measures prior to any construction, development, and operation of any structures or facilities.
- Supervise the efficient implementation of the Waste Management Programs/Procedures and safe operations of the waste management facilities and equipment.
- Review, coordinate, and implement environmental procedures, training programs, and information campaign.
- Provide support to Environmental staffs and personnel by mentoring and providing advises to ensure targets/objectives and KPIs are met. Ensure performance targets are evaluated and communicated to them.
- Ensure the participation of Environment staffs/personnel in all company mandated learning programs to enhance skills and competencies as well as the adherence to all OHSE standards and policies.
- Support the Environmental Manager on other administrative functions such as but not limited to, the preparation and review of the Environmental Department’s budget, monitoring of the expenditures, generation of external and internal reports.
- Line management of the Senior Environmental Officer - Monitoring, Environmental Officer - Monitoring, Environmental Officer – GIS/Database Administrator, Environmental Officer – Rehabilitation, Environmental Officer – EMS/Waste Management, and Field Agents.
- Maintain good working relationships with other departments.
Competencies and Requirements
- Degree in Environmental Management or related field.
- Post graduate degree related to Environmental Management is an advantage.
- At least 10 years of work experience in environmental management preferably in mining industry setting.
- Have experience for at least 3 years in similar position is an advantage.
- Possesses an in depth knowledge of Mali environmental regulations and relevant international standards.
- Possesses ability to use GIS software (ArcGIS Pro).
- Knowledgeable on Environmental Management System ISO 14001.
- Must have the ability to facilitate compliance of the company with the requirements that may from time to time be prescribed by the Department.
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their eligible dependents.
B2Gold requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and maintain fully vaccinated status), subject to applicable human-rights related exemptions and availability in candidate's home country.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.