Expatriate - Senior Mechanical Supervisor - Fixed Plant (Mali)
B2Gold is an international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. The Company currently has three operating gold mines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, Namibia, the Philippines, Colombia, Uzbekistan, and Finland.
Senior Mechanical Supervisor – Fixed Plant, Mali
The Senior Mechanical Supervisor – Fixed Plant is responsible for supporting the mechanical maintenance activities within the Processing Plant.
Location and Reporting Structure
Reporting to the Mechanical Maintenance Superintendent, this position will be a fly in-fly out rotation, based at the Fekola Gold Project in Mali.
- Prepare accurate and concise reports and other documentation promptly adhering to deadlines;
- Assist with daily and weekly planning, execution and control, including the scheduling and prioritizing of work assignments;
- Conduct QA/QC inspections on maintenance activities and provide direction to team members accordingly;
- Responsible for the successful execution of Process Plant shutdown activities and quality of work performed;
- Liaise with the Process Plant operations daily to ensure suitable resolution has been achieved with equipment performance or reliability issue;
- Ensure the transactions of maintenance spares / consumables are costed to the correct CL code / work order number;
- Responsible for the integrity, reliability and operability of mechanical equipment installations at the plant;
- Ensure the Process Plant is maintained in an excellent state of orderliness at all times;
- Ensure compliance with safe working practices and environmental standards by Process Plant employees, contractors and visitors, and coordinate with other departments regarding HSE compliance;
- Maintain constructive and effective working relationships with B2Gold employees, contractors, consultants and other stakeholders;
- Train, mentor, and develop local employees in the various mechanical trades disciplines; and
- Other duties as set out by the Company.
Competencies and Requirements
- Diploma in mechanical maintenance and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a mineral processing plant;
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role;
- Experience in gyratory crushers, cone crushers, large mills, conveyor maintenance, large gearbox maintenance and rebuilds, large air compressors, PSA and VSA oxygen plants, slurry pumps, water pumps, elution circuits and regeneration kilns are required;
- Strong technical skills in shaft alignments, bearing replacements, seal replacements, shrink fitting and hot fitting shaft, gears and large plain metal bearings, hydraulics, pneumatics, marking out and drilling are required;
- Experience in load shifting techniques, including directing cranes and other mechanical equipment;
- Experience in delivery and oversight of workplace safety and training programs;
- Experience using CMMS and/or other maintenance management systems;
- Experience or training in WHMIS / MSDS as it relates to hazardous material handling; and
- Written and oral fluency in French is considered an asset.
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their eligible dependents.
B2Gold requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and maintain fully vaccinated status), subject to applicable human-rights related exemptions and availability in candidate's home country.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.