Mine Engineer - Open-Pit (Vancouver)
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, B2Gold Corp. (“B2Gold”) is a low-cost international senior gold producer. Founded in 2007, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, the Philippines, Namibia and Colombia.
Mine Engineer - Open-Pit, Vancouver
Reporting to the VP Projects, the Mine Engineer - Open Pit supports development, planning and production of B2Gold’s open-pit mines.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Medium-term and long-term mine production planning;
- Support all operating sites with planning and operation of open-pit mines;
- Create and maintain annual and life of mine budgeting and cost modelling;
- Review and action improvements to mining operation performance against plans and budget;
- Conduct open-pit mine planning in consultation with regional technical services teams;
- Manage data and information, and monitor production performance metrics and indicators;
- Contribute to closure planning;
- Participate in due diligence and assessment of mine projects related to acquisitions and mergers;
- Analyze operating, development, and evaluation projects;
- Ensure that mine designs and operation plan meet B2Gold and industry standard safety parameters;
- Travel to current and future operations and projects of B2Gold, as required;
- Review and report on the status and outlook of mining operations regularly and as required;
- Provide technical direction for the mine related to operations strategy and implementation;
- Contribute to due diligence and feasibility studies, ESG reports;
- Maintain communication with sites in relation to mining activities, including mining production personnel, department managers, and mine managers;
- Provide professional guidance and advice to B2Gold’s operations and projects;
- Facilitate cross-functional and cross-project learning opportunities for operations team;
- Maintain current on industry best practice and international performance standards; and
- Perform other duties as required in support of Company objectives.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Mine Engineering, or mining-related diploma from an accredited University, technical school or college required;
- P. Eng. designation;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in mine engineering in an open pit environment;
- Demonstrated experience conducting open-pit and underground mine and closure planning;
- Design experience, especially relating to open-pit and waste dump design;
- Experience using mine planning and scheduling software;
- Strong experience with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Power Point;
- Solid experience in the areas of project management of technical studies and due diligence activities;
- Strong technical, leadership, and problem-solving skills;
- Good interpersonal, communication, and report writing skills; and
- Experience mentoring junior engineers.
This position is based in the Vancouver Corporate office; relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate. International travel is required for this role (approximately 25-30% of time annually); trips may be of significant duration (1 month or longer).
At the time of application, candidates must be eligible to both work and reside in Canada and travel internationally if required. This position is office-based and not eligible for remote work.
B2Gold requires employees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and maintain their fully-vaccinated status, subject to applicable human rights-related exemptions.
In addition to the rewarding and challenging work associated with this position, the successful candidate will enjoy a great corporate culture and perks that include an annual wellness allowance, generous vacation and optional social activities.
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their dependents.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values equity, diversity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.