Expatriate - HME Equipment Specialist (Mali)
B2Gold is an international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. The Company currently has three operating gold mines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, Namibia, Colombia and the Philippines.
HME Equipment Specialist, Mali
The principal function of the incumbent is to support the ongoing efficient and reliable operation of site HME, where complex maintenance and repair issues are expertly managed. The incumbent will work collaboratively with the HME team.
Location and Reporting Manager
Reporting to the HME Senior Superintendent, this position will be an 8/4 fly in-fly out rotation, based at the B2Gold Mali Fekola mine.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and provide recommendations on HME maintenance and repair procedures relating to HME to improve operational performance;
- Establish and improve systems and procedures to ‘manage work’, from planning, execution, learning and improvements;
- Execute maintenance work while respecting statutory requirements, local laws and regulations and OEM equipment safety requirements;
- Assist the planning phase with recommended forecasts and assist with Fekola’s HME improvement projects;
- Promote preventive maintenance by motivating personnel to plan and prepare effective work plans and schedules in conjunction with the planning resources;
- Establish area, team and individual skills development plans to meet existing and future business objectives;
- Develop and provide training to team regarding repair and maintenance protocols for HME as assigned;
- Identify, recommend key personnel for succession planning to lead as part of employee future development plans;
- Follow department protocols and procedures for extending the useful life of existing equipment;
- Other duties as assigned by the Company.
- Technical diploma in heavy equipment maintenance or similar Certification from recognized OEM or similar in equipment maintenance/repairs
- Minimum 10 years’ post Technical diploma experience in mine mobile equipment maintenance on Caterpillar Mining fleets including Haul trucks, 6020/6040 excavators, CAT MD drills
- Advanced knowledge of equipment and performance expectations in relation to various CAT Equipment PM’s
- Advanced knowledge of PM, maintenance and repair procedures relating to CAT equipment
- Advanced knowledge of tooling for PM maintenance and repairs
- A working proficiency of Microsoft Office suite
- A working proficiency of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems Software (CMMS’ such as Oracle, Ellipse, Pronto or SAP)
- An advanced working proficiency of CAT supporting systems (SIS, ET, VIMS)
- Demonstrated success in coaching national employees
- Exposure to the challenges of operating in remote sites, developing countries and the development of national talent
- Fluency in English required. French is considered an advantage.
Only applications submitted in English will be reviewed.
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary to commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive group benefits package for employee and their dependents.
B2Gold requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and maintain fully vaccinated status), subject to applicable human-rights related exemptions and availability in candidate's home country.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.