Technical Services Manager
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, B2Gold Corp. (“B2Gold”) is a low-cost international senior gold producer. Founded in 2007, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Colombia and Burkina Faso.
Technical Services Manager, Mali
Location and Reporting Structure
Reporting to the Mining Manager, this position will be a fly in - fly out rotation (8 weeks on, 4 weeks off), based at the B2Gold Fekola Mine.
The Technical Services Manager will lead a multidisciplinary team to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the mining processes to ensure long-term viability and profitability of the mine.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyses the life-of-mine plan derived from ore reserves as well as plans, directs and controls the activities required to produce the short, medium and long-term required production targets to achieve optimal efficiencies;
- Plans and controls mining operations to achieve production targets;
- Compiles the mining budget annually, inclusive of the mining schedule, cost model and Capex;
- Investigates and recommends final pit design parameters and surface layouts;
- Assesses and recommends the most practical, cost effective and/or most profitable mining option to senior management;
- Decides on alternative mining areas to overcome problems encountered in executing the monthly mining plan and directs subsequent activities to achieve the official annual mining plan;
- Liaises with mine operations to integrate mine plans with operations activities;
- Approves the blasting designs parameters e.g. burden, spacing, powder factor and stemming height to ensure optimum fragmentation of the ground and limit pit wall damage;
- Approves the blast designs to ensure minimum damage to the final pit walls/ hanging walls and pillars;
- Ensures that the ore body model is up to date, that GC drilling and assay is optimized;
- Ensures that and liaises with the mining personnel to optimize the mineralized zones and minimize dilution;
- Maximizes the departments use of the WENCO dispatch system to ensure optimum equipment efficiency and accurate reporting;
- Ensures that engineering and geology perform mine-mill reconciliation;
- Liaises with corporate resources and mining departments;
- Ensures that subordinates are suitably developed and trained to achieve individual development plans by appraising progress, implementing corrective measures and by providing coaching;
- Comprehends and makes known the section’s goals to subordinates and explains the purpose of operational instructions, policies, procedures and regulations to subordinates;
- Leads the team, according to accepted leadership principles, by ensuring that all members are aware and aligned to the Company’s vision and mission;
- Conducts quarterly reviews on subordinates' work performance providing feedback for improvements;
- Establishes and maintains sound working relationships with colleagues to resolve problems;
- Promotes effective working relationships with all employees at different levels within the organization;
- Ensures that a safe and healthy working environment is provided for all employees;
- Ensures that the section has a formal localization process in place and that the site mentoring/understudy program is fully implemented; and
- Perform other duties as required in support of Company objectives.
Competencies and Requirements
- Completion of a Mining Engineer Degree or Geology Degree/Diploma, or related education from a recognized post secondary institution;
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant mining industry experience, preferably in a fly in - fly out rotation;
- Strong application of professional mining theory, principles & practices;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Strong analytical ability;
- Solid knowledge and understanding of mining & labour legislation;
- Experience with budget preparation and administration; and
- Valid driver's license
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their dependents.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.