Expatriate - HME Senior Superintendent (Mali)
B2Gold is a low-cost international senior gold producer headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Founded in 2007, today, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous development and exploration projects in various countries including Canada, Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Colombia, Finland and Uzbekistan. This year, B2Gold forecasts gold production to be 1,000,000 – 1,080,000 ounces.
HME Senior Superintendent, Mali
The principal function of the incumbent is to manage the activities of the Heavy Mobile Equipment Maintenance section in order to maintain the reliability and availability of B2Gold fleet assets. This will involve maximizing the utilization of the resources to achieve the best safety and productivity levels, cost savings, continuous improvement initiatives and utilization of synergies throughout the area, he/she will support the ongoing efficient and reliable operation of site HME, where complex maintenance and repair issues are expertly managed. The incumbent will work collaboratively with the HME team.
Location and Reporting Structure
Reporting to the HME Manager, this position will be an 8/4 fly in-fly out rotation, based at the B2Gold Mali Fekola Mine.
- Ensure that your section works towards the achievement of Planned jobs and provide coaching and mentoring to area Planners/Schedulers;
- Provide leadership and mentoring for the area Supervisors, including ongoing training and development plans;
- Oversee the development and execution of weekly plans for the maintenance activities and provide direction to the Supervisors, Planners and Maintenance crews;
- Manage/oversee the testing and calibrating HME components to ensure optimal functionality;
- Managing/oversee protocols and procedures for extending the useful life of existing equipment;
- Develop and maintain preventive maintenance protocols for various HME as required;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge for maintenance of existing HME and changes in market offerings including technical and functional capabilities and characteristics;
- Assist managers in developing project plan, budget and schedule;
- Review and provide recommendations on HME maintenance and repair procedures relating to HME to improve operational performance;
- Develop and provide training to team regarding repair and maintenance protocols for HME as assigned; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Company.
Competencies and Requirements
- Minimum 8 years in a similar Leadership Role
- Minimum 15 years post technical diploma experience in mine mobile equipment maintenance on Caterpillar Mining fleets
- Advanced knowledge of equipment and performance expectations in relation to various CAT Equipment PM’s
- Advanced knowledge of PM, maintenance and repair procedures relating to large scale CAT loading and hauling equipment
- Advanced knowledge of tooling and best practices for predictive maintenance, PM maintenance and repairs
- Advanced Knowledge of root cause failure analysis and Condition Monitoring
- A working proficiency of Microsoft Office suite
- A working proficiency of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems Software (CMMS’ such as Pronto)
- An advanced working proficiency of CAT supporting systems (SIS, ET, VIMS)
- Demonstrated success in coaching national employees
- Exposure to the challenges of operating in remote sites, developing countries and the development of national talent.
- Fluent in English. Written and oral fluency in French is a strong asset
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their eligible dependents.
B2Gold requires employees to be fully vaccinated (and maintain fully vaccinated status), subject to applicable human-rights related exemptions and availability in candidate's home country.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.