Junior Mine Engineer
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, B2Gold Corp. (“B2Gold”) is a low-cost international senior gold producer. Founded in 2007, B2Gold has three operating gold mines and numerous exploration and development projects in various countries including Mali, the Philippines, Namibia, Colombia and Burkina Faso.
Junior Mine Engineer, Vancouver
Location and Reporting Structure
Based in the Vancouver corporate office with some international travel, as required. This position reports directly to the Project Director.
The Junior Mine Engineer will provide technical support for various mine planning, design, budgeting and project management activities in support of corporate goals and directives. The Junior Mine Engineer will work on a variety of projects with interaction with other corporate working teams in engineering, exploration and other departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support and specialist assistance to the corporate operations engineering group;
- Prepare and perform engineering studies as directed;
- Prepare periodic technical records and reports, as requested;
- Contribute to design projects and studies for open pit phasing, underground development, waste dumps, as business needs arise;
- Contribute to:
- Medium- and long-term mine production planning;
- Annual and life of mine budgeting and cost modelling;
- Analysis of operating, development, and evaluation projects;
- Data and information management and tracking of production performance metrics and indicators
- Participate in discussions and meetings;
- Compliance with corporate health and safety standards and protocols;
- Ensure that work performed meets B2Gold and industry standards;
- Maintain current on industry best practice and international performance standards; and
- Perform other duties as required in support of Company objectives.
Competencies and Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Mining Engineering or similar relevant field;
- 5 years of relevant mining industry experience, ideally in mining operations and production;
- Professional Certification (P. Eng., P.E., or similar) or in the process of obtaining certification;
- Strong understanding of basic engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas effectively to others;
- Solid knowledge and understanding of mine optimization, design and production planning;
- Experience with mine budgets, cost models and life of mine plans;
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities with all levels of internal employees and external professionals and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience of meeting targets and deadlines in a similar role;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, manage multitasking and multiple demands;
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Project) and preference for experience with mine design/planning systems (GEMS, Deswik, MineSite, Datamine, Surpac, Vulcan, etc.);
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge and to produce work with high attention to detail;
- Ability to travel internationally to mine sites, if required; and
- Ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
B2Gold offers a competitive compensation package, including salary commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills, plus a comprehensive benefit package for employees and their dependents.
We thank all applicants for their interest in B2Gold Corp; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
B2Gold prioritizes local employment, supports empowerment initiatives and continuously works towards a people profile that matches the demographics of the respective national settings in which we operate, while appreciating our inclusive culture that attracts talent from around the world. As an equal opportunity employer, B2Gold values diversity and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply.